I don’t do many of these awards, but wanted to do this one to spotlight some new bloggers I am following and also to spotlight Tamra and her blog Grace Speech. I appreciate her posts because they are content oriented focusing on biblical truths. Thank you Tamra for nominating me. You can find Tamra’s blog at gracespeech.wordpress.com.
So the 11 questions from Tamra:
1. Why do you write?
I write to share my faith in Jesus, my experiences with people from many cultures, and to encourage others who have struggles with autoimmune problems and also depression.
2. When do you write?
I usually write each day. I enjoy writing. It is one of my hobbies I guess 🙂 .
3. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
My favorite thing at Christmas is to visit refugee families and share God’s love with them. This year I visited 3 refugee families bringing candy and small gifts.
4. What is your favorite song, (Christmas or otherwise)?
My favorite Christmas song is Immanuel by Michael Card. I also like O Holy Night and the Hallelujah Chorus.
5. What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is the bible. For fiction my favorite book is Lord of the Rings.
6. Where are you from?
I am from Lincoln Nebraska.
7. Where is your favorite place you have ever traveled?
That is a tie between Brazil and Romania. Romania was the first country I traveled to and through my seven trips there the Lord called me to my ministry today. Brazil I love because I love the culture and people.
8. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Yes, I speak Portuguese and Spanish. I also know greetings and phrases in 30 languages.
9. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time? What is that? Joking 🙂 If i have spare time, I love to visit my friends from other countries in their homes.
10. What would you do if you could do anything you wanted for an entire day with an unlimited budget?
I would buy new suitcases, clothes, and a plane ticket to Brazil. 🙂
11. What’s the biggest question you have for God?
When will Jesus come?
11 Random thoughts about me
1. I love Science Fiction movies.
2. I grew a beard for the first time last year.
3. My favorite food is food in the homes I visit. 🙂
4. I have coordinated two weddings. That is a humorous story I might share in a future post.
5. I have seen more of the rest of the world than I have the U.S., so I hope to travel around a little here.
6. One time during a walk around London England I saw a statue of Abraham Lincoln.
7. When I stepped out of the airport in San Diego in June 2010, I felt like it was the perfect climate for me, BUT too expensive there. 🙂
8. I worked part-time at Billy Graham World Headquarters when I went to school in Minneapolis.
9. I love coffee shops because they each have their own vibe and culture at least where I live.
10. I am a BAD cook, but thankful for my microwave. 🙂
11. Allergic to cats, but dogs are great.
For my nominees, most are newer bloggers getting started, so please check them out. My 11 Nominees are:
Fun with God a blog I just started following at havefunwithgod.wordpress.com
Jana shares about her life and faith in her blog Uncomfortably Vulnerable. You can find her blog at uncomfortablyvulnerable.home.com
Diane just started a blog. Her first language is Spanish. She is writing short stories in English. Her blog is shortstoriesbyanenglishlearner.home.blog
Ayodimeji just started a new blog Grace Revolution you can find his blog at oluwatokia.wordpress.com
shonell26 has a blog sharing health tips at myhealthmatterstoday.info
Kelly has a new blog sharing her life and faith at chippedvessel.com
Julia has a blog The Father’s Girl sharing her life and faith at juliachidimma.wordpress.com
Alphe has a lifestyle blog Alphe’s Corner sharing healthy food recipes, gift ideas, and some from her culture in Poland. You can find her blog at alpheblog.wordpress.com
Timecrawler is a blog by a Christian woman with a child who has autism. You can find her blog at timecrawlerblog.wordpress.com
Becka shares about her life and faith in The Reclaimed Life at beckaasper.com
Kevin shares poetry and other writings of his at whatwordsmaycome.com
My 11 Questions for my Nominees
- What is you blog mostly about?
- Why did you start your blog?
- How often do you post in your blog? Is there a regular day or days?
- What is your favorite place you have traveled to?
- What languages do you speak?
- If you don’t mind sharing, what is your faith?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- When is the best time for you to write?
- What country or countries would you like to visit and why?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Ask your nominees 11 questions